Page Authority in a nutshell!
The Page Authority, or PA, is a measure developed by Moz to which SmartKeyword, as a partner, gives you access. It gives on a scale of 1 to 100 a page’s strength on a given website to appear in Google’s first results.
The Page Authority calculation is more of a comparative measure with which the results of Google’s first results page is weighted to know for a given keyword the page’s strength, but strictly speaking there is no good or bad score for Page Authority.
This indicator stresses on the content’s effectiveness and structure of the page. It analyzes its quality, the way it is written, formatted and how links to other contents are organized.
A good Page Authority is a score that approaches 100. While it's easy to change a score from 20 to 30, it's much harder to increase the PA from 70 to 80.
How is the Page Authority calculated?
Similarly to the Domain Authority, Moz takes into account many criteria in order to define a Page Authority for each page of your site. For this calculation, the content and links are the most important topics.
- Outgoing and inbound links quantity and quality
- Anchors’ quality
- Traffic linked to the page
- reader's behavior
- keyword density
Page Authority : Why is it important in SEO?
The higher the PA, the higher the DA will be, the more the website is considered powerful and credible to Google. Therefore, you have a better chance of landing on search engines’ first page.
Signing up for multiple directories is a good start, but the backlinks will not be of good quality. Exchanging and selling links on the internet is frequently used by bloggers in order to achieve higher authority.
Page Authority : How to improve it for SEO?
Because Moz tries to replicate Google's algorithm it places great importance on two criteria:
- The page’s content (see our section on how to optimize content - link to title/meta pages...)
- Off-page: be careful with off-page. Before looking for inbound links on a page, it’s important to check the Domain Authority; and the website’s theme you are interested in (it must be the same as your website). The links’ quality is very important, and if the website has good visibility on the Internet, your page will have a better chance of increasing its score.
Page Authority : How to optimize it for SEO?
Actions to be implemented
- Create a large number of external and internal links, which point with an anchor optimized for the page
- Exchanging and selling links on the internet is a frequent use by bloggers in order to achieve their aims
- When exchanging links, determine the website’s DA you wish to link with, because if the website has a strong Domain Authority, the page will have a better chance of increasing its PA.
- Take into account the website or page’s user experience. The pages viewed by visitors, the bounce rate and the time spent by the reader on a page are criteria to consider in order to increase the web page’s authority.
For example, for an e-commerce website selling watches, we observe that:
We tell you the PA for all the pages:
and by keywords:
The measurement by keyword makes it possible to look at a given keyword, here “men's watch”, the first positioned Google results’ authority page.
We can see that the 1st Google result has a PA of 7, while the 2nd has a PA of 24.
Page Authority : Mistakes to avoid
- Buying traffic on the internet harms SEO, and makes analysis tools underperforming.
- Signing up for multiple directories can be a good start, but the backlinks will not be of good quality.
You have just discovered the Page Authority with Smartkeyword now discover the Domain Authority and Google alerts.
Article written by Louis Chevant