The content creation is a powerful lever, and from now on unavoidable, of any digital marketing strategy. The new search and purchase behaviours of the Internet consumer require the continuous production of Internet content (Web and social networks). Marketers have to adapt the weight, the objective, the form, the pace and the distribution channel of their digital content to their global strategy. As for the content creators(SEO writers, videographers, computer graphics designers), they must make these choices while guaranteeing the quality and attractiveness of the output.
It is an art to be deployed. The ideal content must appeal to the user (readable and copywriteable content) and to the search engine bots (SEO content).
This part of our guide explains the why and how of creating SEO content.
Before listing the objectives of content creation, let's make it clear that the SEO web content designer must be a collector of hats!
For example, a writer of textual content for the Web should :
- Master Google's SEO recommendations (it has a reputation for being a textual beast): SEO hat.
- Know the specific rules of web writing (pleasant and catchy style): author's hat
- Develop a high level of marketing awareness, able to translate the brief into subtly distilled incentive words and phrases (target audience, calls to action, creating interest): Marketing hat.
- The ability to assimilate and respect the client's content strategy, editorial line, semantic universe and content marketing: strategist's hat.
Optimising your positioning
The good visibility of your various contents (video on YouTube, article or visual on the Web, text on a social account) is a sine qua non condition for the profitability of your content marketing. Without it, the return on investment (ROI) of your content strategy is low, if not zero.
Remember our web editor, to boost the visibility of the pages of a website or a bloghe must wear his SEO hat.
Positioning your content well means convincing Google to be your prescriber: this is the SEO grail. Thus, your content, i.e. your product/service, will be recommended to Internet users of this giant engine that dictates the law on the Web.
Boosting your positioning through regular content creation requires patience and a lot of effort (technical, On-site, On-page and Off-page optimisation).
Develop your notoriety on the Web
Like other search engines, Google had announced that it attaches importance to the popularity and credibility of websites and authors (the famous E-A-T, Expertise, Authoritativeness and Trustworthiness(expertise, authority and trustworthiness).
The sustained creation of quality content (educational video, premium article, informative PDF guide, original infographic, newsletter, etc.) will boost your authority and reputation in your field of activity. The rule is simple from the point of view of the algorithms: the more present and credible you are, the better you are positioned.
Disseminate information quickly and intelligently
Publishing content online offers several advantages:
- Rapid distribution of content: a Facebook post, a Tweet, a LinkedIn article or an email newsletter is instantly available to your audience. This is the magic of content creation for the Internet;
- Precise targeting: as your target is defined and qualified in advance, the wastage that characterises TV advertising is eliminated.
- Real-time monitoring of the effectiveness of marketing actions.
- The possibility of readjusting objectives and marketing actions.
- Higher return on investment.
The planning part of your content strategy plays a key role in the speed and efficiency of your information distribution.
Our mission is to accompany and guide you in creating content that meets your SEO AND marketing objectives.
Our many years of experience in content creation allow us to give you relevant advice. The ideal content is the one that appeals to the user and converts him or her while convincing the crawling, indexing and evaluation robots.
Define the objectives of your web content
A website or a professional social account is above all a marketing tool. Therefore, in order for your content to be effective, you must allocate specific objectives to it:
- lead conversion: purchase, subscription, ... ;
- improve your web awareness and authority: premium informational content;
- improving your brand image;
- Boost your positioning on search engine answer pages for specific queries;
- strengthen the SEO of your site ;
- inform and/or train your customers;
- build customer loyalty;
- prospecting for new customers
Identify your targets' requests
The identification of requests, i.e. the needs and expectations of your visitors, is a key step for the success of your marketing. It is achieved through a keyword selection strategy.)
This step, so vital for content marketing, is often neglected or poorly done by content and website creators. The rule of thumb for content strategy or content marketing is clear: for each piece of web content created, there is a single query (main keyword and secondary keywords).
Study the pre-selected keywords
The initial list of keywords should not be used in its entirety as part of a content strategy. The keywords around which you will optimise your content must essentially meet two requirements:
- volume of searches by Internet users: it must be substantial to justify content production;
- Competitive intensity: don't fight losing battles, especially against competitors with large virtual budgets and seniority. On the other hand, focus on profitable niches.
A keyword study carried out with our tool can reveal customer segments that are not well served by your competitors (low competition), but have a satisfactory demand (more or less important search volume). This is provided that your product/service offers can meet the needs expressed by the target when submitting their request (keyword) to search engines.
Define the appropriate content format
Textual content is still the favourite dish of Google and its colleagues. Their algorithms have learned to understand and evaluate texts thanks to artificial intelligence. However, visual formats have become the preferred choice of Internet content creators because of their many advantages. Although search engines are not yet able to read them well, they have made progress.
Images, videos, podcasts and graphs are popular with Internet users. This attraction gives them more weight in the eyes of content designers, marketers and search engines. Make your own mix according to your budget, your target, the nature of your offer and your objectives.
Establish a web content production plan
Positioning yourself on the first page of Google is a medium/long term objective. Similarly, acquiring a new customer can be a long process (sales tunnel): unknown user, qualified visitor or subscriber, immature lead, lead to be pushed to action, final customer, loyal customer. Therefore, your content creation efforts must be constant.
When developing your content strategy, be sure to establish a production and distribution plan for your materials in all formats.
Unoptimised web content is condemned to virtual darkness, so God has decided. By following his recommendations or guidlinesand by clinging to the virtues of patience, you remain eligible for heaven (first page of Google). Without SEO, there is no salvation, no visibility and no profitability for your web content.
For the creation of effective web contentThink originality, marketing and SEO objectives. The visibility of SEO-optimised and marketing-oriented content is a fierce battle. We are reliable and experienced allies. Add our solution to your armada!